Walkway Guinness World Record Attempt
If you have registered for this event, please be sure to review the checklist below prior to your arrival at the bridge Saturday.
Hokey Pokey Checklist for Day of the Event
Print your ticket or email confirmation to provide at check-in.
Check-In between 7:30 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. Saturday, June 9th.
Check-In on the side you indicated during registration.
Review the parking lot list below and allow extra time to get to the bridge.
Bring a boombox or radio tuned to AM 1390 for the live broadcast at 9 a.m. (no cell phone radios please - the streaming broadcast is delayed).This will allow everyone to dance in unison.
All participants are encouraged to wear comfortable, weather appropriate clothing and footwear.
Please leave your roller blades, strollers, bicycles and pets at home (Guinness won't count them, and they might get in the way when we "Shake it All About"!)
Complimentary water bottles will be provided; the Walkway is a carry-in/carry-out park. There is no food available at the event.
Use the bathrooms at the entrance before going through the turnstyles. There are no facilities on the bridge.
Once you've entered the Park, Walkway's Volunteer Ambassadors will direct you to your place in line. It is important that everyone stay in line until they receive the signal to start dancing.
Guinness World Records will send a judge to the event to confirm that we have enough people doing the Hokey Pokey for five (5) FULL minutes to SET A NEW WORLD RECORD! So please keep dancing until you hear a triumphant signal from us!
In the event of an emergency, find the emergency response team in orange vests. If you need information or assistance, locate Walkway Ambassadors in red and volunteers in yellow vests.
Thank you for joining your friends and neighbors in supporting the Walkway, after all........that's what it's all about!
Thanks also to our wonderful sponsors! You are so essential to our ongoing efforts to improve and beautify the park!
The Poughkeepsie Journal
Dutchess County Regional Chamber of Commerce
Dutchess County Tourism
SHAKE IT ALL ABOUT SPONSOR:
Half Time Beverage
Corbally, Gartland and Rappleyea, LLP
Kearney Realty & Development Inc.
Parking is available on the West Approach in these areas:
- NYS Parks- 87 Haviland Rd Highland, NY 12528
- Left side of Haviland Rd.
- Bus turn around on Haviland Rd.
- Hudson Valley Rail Trail
- Rose Hill Manor Day School 15 Haviland Rd. Highland NY 12528
- Hannaford 650 Rt. 9W Highland, NY 12528
Parking is available on the East Approach in these areas:
- Gellert & Klein 75 Washington Street Poughkeepsie, NY 12602
- Redl Buildings 82 Washington Street Poughkeepsie, NY 12602
- Pulaski Park Talmadge St Poughkeepsie, NY 12602
- Hudson Valley Mental Health 230 North Rd Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Italian Center 227 Mill St. Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Mid Hudson Civic Center 14 Civic Center Plaza Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- NYS parks 61 Parker Ave Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- Designated parking areas on Varanzo Blvd and other nearby streets.