Stewards of the Walkway
Walkway Over the Hudson is looking to build upon the remarkable momentum established with the successful transformation of the Poughkeepsie-Highland Railroad Bridge into the Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park. Since it opened to the public as a New York State park in October, 2009, the Walkway has exceeded all expectations, attracting more than one million visitors and stimulating exciting new economic revitalization in the City of Poughkeepsie, the Town of Lloyd and the Hudson River Valley!
Our nonprofit organization wants to harness this momentum by seeking funding to improve the park in numerous ways to ensure that visitors, tourists and recreational users will want to return over and over again. This, we believe, is the key to the Walkway's future sustainability and its ability to serve the region as an engine for economic revitalization. We have identified several key projects that, when finished, will vastly enhance the Walkway by improving visitor comfort, creating new and improved access points, and building a compelling new place where visitors can gather and learn.
We're looking for the next generation of visionaries to support this next critical phase of the Walkway's development. We're looking for Stewards of the Walkway, people who recognize that the Walkway still has a long way to go before we realize its full potential. A Steward of the Walkway leadership gift will stand as a permanent symbol of support for the world's longest elevated pedestrian bridge and its lasting legacy to the people of the Hudson Valley.
Steward of the Walkway Recognition Levels
• $5000-$9,999—Donor recognized with a stainless steel plaque (one of three) on a distinctive Ipe wood bench placed at one of the Walkway's three Observation Areas
• $10,000-$24,999-A bronze medallion engraved with the name of the donor will be installed along the railing at the Walkway's Center Observation Area
• $50,000-Sole naming rights to an Ipe wood bench placed on the Walkway, with a stainless steel front nameplate and donor's name permanently embedded on each end of the bench.
• $500,000 + Naming of the gateway leading to the Walkway's planned high-speed Waterfront Elevator
• $1,000,000-Naming of the Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park's Eastern Gateway
Please call the Walkway office at (845) 454-9649 for more information about these and other exciting ways to give.
Stewards donations up to $10,000 may be made online by clicking here.