Our nonprofit organization provides vital support for the Walkway State Park which is operated by New York State Office of Parks, Recreation, and Historic Preservation. The group oversees fundraising and planning efforts to improve the park, and presents programming to educate and entertain the park's many visitors.
Volunteers are critical to our success. At the park they create a welcoming first impression, provide Information, encourage participation and leave a happy lasting impression. Behind the scenes they help with events, fundraising, office support and other support for the park. Together we maximize use and potential of the park, provide information and amenities and support our key partners to make the Walkway a wonderful place to visit for everyone.
There are two levels of volunteers and associated training in the Walkway Ambassador Program:
- Requires attendance at one class led by Walkway and NY State Parks staff
- Greets visitors at the weekend welcome and merchandise booth
- Assistance with events and in the office
- Someone who identified their desire to commit to more time and responsibilities
- Requires attendance at least three classes
- Tour guides for formal tours, and for informal (walk-up) tours
- Off-site speaking engagements
Visit Volunteer Hub if you are interested in viewing all available Walkway volunteer opportunities, dates and times, and signing up online. Once you register, you can login anytime to view opportunities and signup for events. Just click the Volunteer Now! button below.
If you would like to support the Walkway but are unable to volunteer, please consider becoming a member.